The Writing Center provides students with a source for advice and support regarding their papers, proposals, theses or doctoral project. Writing Center fellows are available during posted hours to provide one-on-one consultation regarding their writing projects.
Our goal is to serve the Forest Institute community by empowering student authors to become better writers, editors, critical thinkers and communicators.
We’re not an editing or proofreading service, but we can work with you to improve specific segments of your document or project.
We provide the following services.
- Guidance on APA style and formatting
- Assistance with developing ideas and structuring manuscripts
- Consultation for developing PowerPoint presentations or posters
- Assistance with preparation of cover letters, resumes or curricula vitae
Please, check our online calendar for upcoming Writing Center hours, or send an email to email@example.com with specific questions.
Writing Center Online Appointment Form
Before you schedule an appointment with a Writing Center Assistant, please consider the following steps:
Have you checked our online calendar to see if you can come in during our walk-in hours?
If you need help with formatting your capstone, thesis, or doctoral project, have you made an attempt on your own using the documents found on E360?
If you need help with APA style, have you used the resources listed on the library webpage?
Please include the following information when emailing the Writing Center to schedule an appointment:
- Degree Program
- With what do you need help?
- Have you already consulted the documents and websites listed above?
- By whom were you referred?
- What days and times work best for you?
Thank you for your interest in the Writing Center! An Assistant will contact you shortly to set up a time to meet with you.
Writing Center Referral Form for Faculty and Instructors