Meet Amber Jennings
Scroll down to watch video interview with Amber
Tell us a little bit about yourself and where you are from.
- I was born in Indiana and raised in Michigan. I attended Michigan State University and received my BS in Psychology in 2009. I love being an MSU alumna and try to keep up with the sports teams down here.
What made you choose Forest Institute over other institutions?
- I like the fact that we have the clinic and it is quite a bit cheaper than other programs I looked at.
How does this program compare to your expectations?
- I was not sure what to expect but coming from a large university, I did not receive much guidance, but here the professors and advisors are always willing to help.
What surprised you the most about Forest?
- The diversity of experience each student has regarding psychology.
Are there any particular challenges you’ve encountered?
- Getting used to being so far from home was quite an adjustment at first.
Do you recall a funny story about your experience at Forest?
- Playing Frisbee and board games very early in the morning while waiting in line to schedule summer classes!
Do you have any "words of wisdom” for individuals considering graduate school (or your chosen concentration)?
- Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as needed so that you fully understand what graduate school or your particular concentration requires of you.
What do you like most about living in Springfield, Missouri?
- Being from Michigan, I’m enjoying the weather more and the cost of living is cheaper down here. Also, people are generally very nice.
What is your favorite restaurant in Springfield?
- I really enjoy all of the BBQ restaurants because we have nothing like them in Michigan. I like Bandanas and Whole Hog Cafe.
What is the one thing everyone should do in Springfield, and why?
- Go to Fantastic Caverns. Great experience for a first time cave-goer. It's amazing how beautiful a cave can be.
Best thing to do on a cheap date in Springfield?
- Going for a walk on one of the many trails or the $4 movies at The Palace.