Twelve Students Awarded Travel Stipends for Fall 2009
Through Forest's Student Travel Award Program started in 2006, students are able to apply for financial assistance from Forest Institute to help offset costs related to travel in presenting their research at regional and national conferences. Over $34,000 has been awarded to 102 students in support of their research projects since Fall 2006.
Forest recently announced the following recipients of funding for the Fall 2009 cycle. Information pertaining to their faculty sponsor and conference at which they will be presenting is also included.
Collaborative Family Healthcare Association (CFHA), San Diego, CA
- Amy Duncan: Drs. Kristina Brown and Michael Leftwich
- Lea Schmidt: Dr. Kristina Brown
- Brian Sandoval: Dr. Chris Neumann
Association for the Behavioral Sciences and Medical Educators, Santa Fe, NM
- Sarah Wilson: Dr. Chris Neumann
- Dustin Brown: Dr. Chris Neumann
28th Annual Association for Treatment of Sex Abusers Research and Treatment Conference, Dallas, TX
- Shannon Griswold: Drs. Brad Powers and Beverly Spray
- Rachel Fazio: Drs. Brad Powers and Beverly Spray
Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality Conference, Puerto Vallarta, MX
- Mandy White: Dr. Libby Bennett
- Amanda Holmgreen: Dr. Libby Bennett
- Brandan Gremminger: Dr. Libby Bennett
9th Annual Diversity Challenge Conference, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Rhameka Shelley: Dr. Robert King
62nd Annual Scientific Meeting of the Gerontological Society of America, Atlanta, GA
- Stacy Ogbeide: Dr. Chris Neumann
Please join us in congratulating these students and their faculty sponsors!
The next application deadline is November 16th for students to receive funding in the January-March cycle. If you would like to submit an application or learn more about the program, please contact the Director of Student and Alumni Affairs, Marcie Kirkup, at email@example.com or by phone at 417‑823‑3401.